We are a design-build construction company that specializes in building custom, quality homes for our clients. We combine our 49 years of homebuilding experience with our client’s vision to make their dream home a reality. This level of experience has given our team the knowledge and know-how to build a custom home to extremely high-quality standards that, in many ways, highly exceeds standard code requirements. Our reputation is quality from design to completion.
The Superintendent will become a part of our team as an essential team player in building the highest quality homes in Ocala, Florida and surrounding areas. An aptitude towards the Superintendent’s duties and a willingness to work hard to produce quality homes will ensure the Superintendent becomes a critical factor in our organization.
The Superintendent’s primary role is to provide on-site supervision, coordination, and quality control for all phases of our residential construction projects. This includes coordinating and scheduling subcontractors, materials, equipment, and inspections. This person is responsible for ensuring that specifications strictly follow our high-quality standards and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
Major Responsibilities of the Superintendent:
#1: Job Site Supervision & Quality Control
Perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites simultaneously
- Walking all job sites regularly and maintain a daily log of activities.
- Monitor job site general health and safety and ensure that the job site is always kept clean and organized
- Ensure that subcontractors are fully executing and complying with their contracted scope of work.
- Identify deficient work and ensure the subcontractor has corrected any deficiencies.
- Always communicating and helping to resolve RFI’s, Change Orders, problems, areas of concern, miscommunications, suggestions for solutions, etc.
- Assist with customer walk-throughs along with punch-out and warranty.
- Maintain a good relationship and communication with your supervisor, team members, subcontractors, vendors, and customers.
#2: Coordinating & Scheduling
Coordinating & scheduling subcontractors, materials, and equipment, as well as other tasks to ensure timely completion.
- Verify and confirm material lead times and purchase orders as needed to maintain an efficient schedule.
- Work closely with the Purchasing Agent and write purchase orders when necessary.
- Verify that all required materials, fixtures, etc., are on the job when needed, including any items supplied by the Homeowner.
- Schedule required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Identify and coordinate areas of work that are outside of subcontracted scope.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and provide resolutions.
- Perform job progress and completion punch lists.
- Assist in obtaining permits or approval of revisions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Provide direction to and resolve problems amongst 30+ subcontractors and vendors.
- Must be able to read and interpret construction plans.
- Technology – Regular use of a smartphone, tablet, fax machine, email, printer, computer, Microsoft Excel & Word, Construction Management Software (i.e., Buildertrend).
- Physical Demands – Endurance and ability to visit entire job sites on their feet most of the day; endure extreme heat and cold weather conditions; climbing stairs or other elevated structures; lift up to 100 lbs.; Climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to extra hours of work if/when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of three years construction experience, thorough knowledge of trades, and be computer literate.
- Experience in residential construction is preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Excel & Word) is preferred.
- Experience in Construction Management Software (i.e., Buildertrend) and AutoCAD software is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively to customers, subcontractors, or employees of the organization.
Pay & Benefits:
- Salary: $45,000 – $55,000 per Year
- Bonuses & Profit Sharing
- Company work truck provided for job site visits
- Paid Holidays (11 Total)
- Vacation Benefits (Starting at one week per year)
- Sick Leave (5 days)
- Health Insurance Options
- Ranges from 8 to 10 hour days starting around 7 am.
- Monday to Friday. Saturday on occasion.